Sunday, August 3, 2014

Gearin' up for BTS2014!

I've been a bad blogger lately! Here are some updates on the past few weeks.

I went to DC to visit my sister. We're pretty much the same person, it's scary.  She's 2 years minus 3 weeks older than me, but everyone always thinks I'm the older one. We had a grand time talking nonstop, shopping, visiting some of the Washingtonian top 100 restaurants, and enjoying some uncomfortable metro rides.

She was studying for (and taking) her PRAXIS II and PLT exams (she's getting her Master's for secondary ed!) so it was kind of a low-key weekend, which was incredibly relaxing. Here are some pictures from that visit.




view from my sister's apartment.  I got a lot of work done while she was at work. 


The best deal of the weekend: a $0.01 Free People sweater!!


I never get tired of the cart escalator at Target!



My sister. People think we're twins sometimes.

My dad and I have been working on fixing up a rental property... painting, installing appliances, minor repairs, and that has taken up quite a bit of my time. I forgot how much I loathe painting!

I also got in a car accident- everyone was OK. An elderly man hit me while he was trying to make an illegal u-turn. My car is drivable, but doesn't look the prettiest. It's scheduled to get repaired the first day of school. 


:(


I'm working on a TON of classroom projects that I can't wait to share with you tomorrow for Monday Made It! I'm off to brunch with my mommy!



2 comments:

  1. I love DC! I've only been there once, and that was in eighth grade, but I'd love to go back. So much to learn there! I'm totally jealous of your $0.01 sweater too!

    Becky
    Trials and Triumphs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a neat city! I love that my sister lives there so I can visit whenever I want. :)

      Delete